* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: Time for a change  (Read 359 times)

Online VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
Time for a change
« on: December 29, 2018, 03:11:12 PM »
I do not hate this team. I look at them and see talented players who I sincerely feel bad for. I look at Butz and Reed and see how badly they are being managed. I would much prefer they have success at DePaul. I do hope that other people see that this will absolutely not happen with Dave Leitao as the coach.   

Offline demonsball

• 1 Star Prospect
Re: Time for a change
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 05:39:40 PM »
Agreed. Feel so bad for these kids. They are not being put in a position to be successful. That’s on DL but also on JLP. They should both be removed immediately. They, of course, will continue their employment at this school until Ponsetto decides otherwise.

Online Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 01:00:02 AM »
Both of you gentlemen are right, I feel bad for the kids and that’s why it pains me, at times, to root against this team (and I only do in hopes of wholesale changes). I like both Reed and Butz potential and was vocal last year as I thought Butz with time and development could be a very good or minimally a serviceable big man. Reed, love his motor and his aggressiveness but it hurts at times as he gets himself into foul trouble. Athleticism and his midrange game are his forte which suits a balanced team well.

That being said, I want the Laydown gone but only if she goes too. I cannot withstand another less then mediocre hire by her which would set us back another 3-5 year’s minimum. If their development needs to be sacrificial lambs to get her gone as well, then I am all for it. Otherwise what’s the point if he’s gone. She will only replace him with him with Pete Gillen or Dave Odom or some other retread that the game has passed by. Those are the only people that would take the job under her. We will hire another desperation project if she’s left to her incompetent devices.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:04:29 AM by Big Kid »

Online lake county fan

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 07:43:25 AM »
DL has to go, next year the story will be with the same, new class it will take time to rebuild lets not do this again

Online Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »
The issue is if he goes who replaces him? Her reputation doesn’t resonate well within the college basketball community despite how many superficial awards she wins. That limits the pool of potential candidates. Plus if she’s the one selecting....well we know her track record. As much as it pains me to watch him fail these kids there has to be wholesale change.

Online lovethedrake

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 12:45:15 PM »
Its extremely bizarre how a team can control games for 30-35 minutes and then get blown off the floor in the final 5-10 minutes.    It has to be a product of coaching. 

It is because of this I want DL fired.    Yes, I know I have been a supporter of DL's, last year they seemed to be an improved team talent wise but couldn't get over the hump.  That not only continues to be a problem this year but has actually gotten worse against more mediocre teams.   

I don't see this improving no matter who the talent is.... it is now a DL staple.   

He gone.

Offline Depressed

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 03:44:24 PM »
This season the odds of going 0-18 is a reality ,  this team is worse than last year.   

Offline NotHotTakes

• 1 Star Prospect
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 11:14:05 AM »
With a decent coach, this is an NIT team, with a good/great coach, this is an NCAA team. With DL, we'll be below .500.

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2018-19 2019-20 2020-21
1 Elijah Cain Jalen Coleman-Lands Devin Gage
2 Femi Olujobi Lyrik Shreiner Jaylen Butz
3 Max Strus Devin Gage Paul Reed
4 Jalen Coleman-Lands Jaylen Butz Flynn Cameron
5 Lyrik Shreiner Paul Reed John Diener
6 Jaylen Butz Flynn Cameron Darious Hall
7 Devin Gage John Diener George Maslennikov
8 Darious Hall (Transfer redshirt) Darious Hall Markese Jacobs
9 Paul Reed George Maslennikov Oscar Lopez
10 Flynn Cameron Markese Jacobs Romeo Weems