* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Poll

What grade do you give the hiring of Tony Stubblefield?

A
0 (0%)
B
5 (35.7%)
C
5 (35.7%)
D
3 (21.4%)
F
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Grade of the hire  (Read 457 times)

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
Grade of the hire
« on: April 13, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »
No incompletes or such. Take a stand, vote for a grade.

Offline BrianC

• Student Manager
Re: Grade of the hire
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 04:41:55 PM »
I say a B...we have always wanted a recruiter or a Xs and Os type...
Hard to find both attributes in one guy...especially one willing to come to DePaul....seems like Peevy weighs recruiting heavily...Im cool with that...
That said...Lets go!!!

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:14:05 AM »
I gave it a straight C. Top Assistant at a P5 school who has some recruiting chops but no HC experience at 51.

Offline dive55

• Rusty Aluminum Premier Member
  • 4 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Brigadoon
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 09:45:34 AM »
I gave it a C.  I'll freely admit that I don't know what TS brings to the table and all his accolades as a great recruiter and X & O's guy may be 100% accurate.

However, my grade is based on the fact that I don't trust that DePaul is capable of finding a diamond in the rough and making a great hire of a lifetime assistant that appears has never really been a head coaching candidate any time previously.

Would love to be proven wrong.
OldSchoolDemon "...time is runing out on my give a **** meter."

Hayes-Healy Superstar: Yep Coach K is squeaky clean... he's the Joe Paterno of coll.... oh yeah.

BigJayStud: JLP will have to make a decision after next season. She should extend (Purnell) by one year with a very low buyout.

Offline Griffin11

• 1 Star Prospect
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 01:01:54 PM »
At this time, I am giving it a D. Not that I don't feel that it is a decent hire. My grade is based solely on what has transpired since the hire. Which is nothing. Given the defections, I would have expected some staff announced so that I know that TS is trying to put a team together.  So far nothing but silence. I hope they are more organized behind the scenes.

Offline dive55

• Rusty Aluminum Premier Member
  • 4 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Brigadoon
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 01:25:34 PM »
At this time, I am giving it a D. Not that I don't feel that it is a decent hire. My grade is based solely on what has transpired since the hire. Which is nothing. Given the defections, I would have expected some staff announced so that I know that TS is trying to put a team together.  So far nothing but silence. I hope they are more organized behind the scenes.

Oh come on, their instagram post today shows all that they have been up to and how great it has been.

(Link for VU's sake:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CNsMrjzhWe8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link)
OldSchoolDemon "...time is runing out on my give a **** meter."

Hayes-Healy Superstar: Yep Coach K is squeaky clean... he's the Joe Paterno of coll.... oh yeah.

BigJayStud: JLP will have to make a decision after next season. She should extend (Purnell) by one year with a very low buyout.

Online corbinnow

• Just like Pella Windows; Transparent
  • 5 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Boon
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 09:02:02 AM »
Peevey talked a big game.  Obviously the budget wasn't enough to get a primary target to DePaul. Not sure I was keen on Peevey's primary target anyways.  DePaul needed to bring a ton of money to get everyone's attention with a named hire but they obviously didn't do that.  Its a 3 year process, minimum, as high 4 star / 5 stars are simply not going to commit to DPU without TS showing a track record.  Too much decay in the program.  I personally don't think a nationwide recruiting focus will work as well as a solid Chicago-centric focus like PK and Ray Meyer did.

So whether TS can "grind it out" is the only hope.  Unfortunately, I don't see a huge commitment by DPU.  Big East is too tough for this lower level of commitment.  Could TS succeed?  Sure but he certainly wasn't on anyone's radar screen in Chicago.  C'est La Vi as a DPU fan. 

"I will stop bitching when they start winning."

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
1 Jaylen Butz Javon Freeman-Liberty Markese Jacobs
2 Charlie Moore Darious Hall Oscar Lopez Jr
3 Brian Patrick Courvoisier McCauley Nick Ongenda
4 Pauly Paulicap Markese Jacobs Romeo Weems
5 Ray Salnave Oscar Lopez Jr Kobe Elvis
6 Javon Freeman-Liberty Nick Ongenda Ahamad Bynum
7 Darious Hall Romeo Weems Keon Edwards
8 Courvoisier McCauley Kobe Elvis Brett Hardt Jr.
9 Markese Jacobs Ahamad Bynum David Jones
10 Oscar Lopez Jr Keon Edwards Kok Yat
11 Nick Ongenda Brett Hardt Jr.  
12 Romeo Weems David Jones  
13 Kobe Elvis Kok Yat  

Senior
  Junior
  Sophomore
  Freshman

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal