* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: Financial Implications  (Read 2671 times)

Offline terry

• Stats Crew
Financial Implications
« on: January 03, 2018, 09:37:57 AM »
Actual attendance is underwhelming,  student section virtually vacant. Poor record/team won't help.  I fear that the stadium deal could deal the University a severe financial blow.  One it can ill afford given enrollment issues and suburban campus closings.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
Re: Financial Implications
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:59:30 AM »
I agree. So what is the correct resolution? Donations to the university seem to be dropping, with the exception of some big time players. However, regular joe alums are not donating. I think there is a fanbase that would open their wallets a little more if the product on the court was worthy of it. However, throwing money at supporting bad ideas is not responsible. So get a decent team and hope to see an increase in donations and revenue?

Offline lovethedrake

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:15:19 AM »
Either get amazing recruits (Tyger and BPJ).  Or fire DL. 

Thats it.   

Or both, but obviously there is risk involved in that.

Offline Hayes-Healy Superstar

• Inventor of the Fist Bump
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Bluto
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 10:35:16 AM »
If the team was a consistent top 25 type program, the school would be in a much better shape from a alumni donation perspective.  That's an absolute given.

The fact that the school doesn't realize that is amazing.  The whole stature of the school was built off the teams in the 80's.
Smart men learn from their mistakes, wise men learn from the mistakes of others.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 10:46:25 AM »
LTD - surprise surprise... I do not fully agree with you. Landing Tyger and BPJ is not going to cause me to donate to the university, and unlike the foolish HHS, would not translate into multiple people buying season tickets. I think you do need a different coach.

Conversely, firing Leitao might be half the battle; it is imperative that the replacement be worthwhile. If that occurs, then I can see renewed interest, even if that means no Tyger and/or BPJ.

Offline Hayes-Healy Superstar

• Inventor of the Fist Bump
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Bluto
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 10:58:38 AM »
I'm a fool yes.  I was on the fence for tickets to begin the year, even with my disgust, landing Tyger briefly sent me over the edge.

Now i'm back on the 'show me' side of the ledger.  Fire Jeannie and I'll renew.  Even if I have to stomach DL for a year, its a show of support for the right move.
Smart men learn from their mistakes, wise men learn from the mistakes of others.

Offline lake county fan

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »
I have been a ticket holder since 80/81 hardly missed a game even for the last 13 years which sucked . I even bought the DePaul basketball from the 2004 F4  This year has been very difficult    the move to the city has been horrible for me 2 to 2.5 hour trip each way makes it almost impossible  to go to games during the week ,things get no better JLP has got to go DL also.I have also been a doner for years not sure it makes any scents  to keep getting my 4 tickets

Offline DPU70

• Second Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Redenbacher
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 03:17:34 PM »
I agree with Lakecounty.  The 2 and half hour drive is unbearable, especially on weekdays.  I won't do it again.

IDK how you expect students to come for 9 games when school is out from T-giving to after NY?  Out of towners go home and locals get part time work.

Those seats have been empty and were for G'town as well.  I actually don't think the students have any interest in Basketball.  The Student support is DEAD as with recent alum.

The move back to the city was completely mis-read by this admin.

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
1 Jaylen Butz Javon Freeman-Liberty Markese Jacobs
2 Charlie Moore Darious Hall Oscar Lopez Jr
3 Brian Patrick Courvoisier McCauley Nick Ongenda
4 Pauly Paulicap Markese Jacobs Romeo Weems
5 Ray Salnave Oscar Lopez Jr Kobe Elvis
6 Javon Freeman-Liberty Nick Ongenda Ahamad Bynum
7 Darious Hall Romeo Weems Keon Edwards
8 Courvoisier McCauley Kobe Elvis Brett Hardt Jr.
9 Markese Jacobs Ahamad Bynum David Jones
10 Oscar Lopez Jr Keon Edwards Kok Yat
11 Nick Ongenda Brett Hardt Jr.  
12 Romeo Weems David Jones  
13 Kobe Elvis Kok Yat  

Senior
  Junior
  Sophomore
  Freshman

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal