* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: My Solution For A Quick, Efficient Fix  (Read 10907 times)

Offline Ciepierball

• Powered by Yatta!
  • 5 Star Prospect
Re: My Solution For A Quick, Efficient Fix
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
Sorry guys, been super busy, but yes, a ton has happened in the past month or so, plus I went to Fort Wayne, and was able to see some of the guys that they are recruiting, so definitely can come up with a few changes.

2016 Class

We are done!  Heard through the grapevine that we are not going to get a visit from the Martin twins, so with that said, we are done for 2016, and all 13 of our scholarships are covered.  In talking with Eric Bossi of Rivals, Cyrus was between 150 and 175, and Gage was between 175 and 200...loved our Juco, saw Al being strong for a Mid-Major (again, I think that's fine for us...do the dirty work), and hasn't seen Cook since he lost alot of weight, but West Virginia fans were super impressed with him.  This is our squad, and I do think we have more gritty players this year than last year.  And while we needed to upgrade skill, I think grit was even more-so needing an upgrade.

2017 Class

This class we are needing many things, but we are most needing Point Guard help, as well as Post help.  With that being said, I think we need one of each position, however at guard we need two guys that can play the point when needed.  Here is my class, and I do have some stretches.

Justin Roberts (PG) - I fell in love with this kid in Fort Wayne.  He is so smart, so vocal on the court, super quick, makes plays in the halfcourt and fullcourt, and plays tough defense.  I don't care if he has limited offers...he's a winner.  Had a great EYBL this past weekend in Hampton, so I'm sure his name will be bubbling up some.  But he loves DePaul thus far, even giving fans a teaser of him in a uniform a week or so ago.  I think there is a high probability that we can get him.  Would be an amazing get.

Nojel Eastern (PG/SG/SF) - People will be surprised by this, but hear me out.  He's gotten quiet lately, where he had alot of injuries, hasn't blown up in the EYBL as much as coaches would have liked, and many coaches are questioning what position will he guard.  He oozes IQ, and is so crafty.  Sammy Mejia has a clone, and it's Nojel.  His relationship is very strong with Leitao, and he'd be the man Day 1.  It's a stretch, but I really think we can get him.

Jordan Nwora (SF) - Leitao has been following the NY Rens like a puppydog in EYBL during Live Period, and it's because his eyes are on this shooter.  He's long, can get his shot off, both off the catch and after a couple of dribbles, and making a name as one of the best shooters in high school right now.  Leitao has such a strong connection to NYC, and both Carter and Sellers has strong ties to Vermont Academy.  I think our shot is very good here.

Marcus Santos-Silva (PF) - DePaul was the first high major on him, and they love this kid.  He's huge, knows how to use his body, and extremely skilled.  Also, he's teammates with Nwora, and both can see playing time pretty early.  Right now still under the radar, he's a kid that can really blow up come this summer.

There will be a center in this class, but I think it'll come from a 5th year.  We need one or two more spots in the 2018 class, and a 5th year will be huge.  Getting someone to come in to take Tommie's minutes, as well as mentor a sophomore in Cook, along with a Santos-Silva, would be huge.  I think DePaul would be a more attractive destination for a 5th year, especially with the opening of a new arena and alot of playing time.

That is my updates class guys.  Have at it.

"In life if you don't perform at things you're expected to perform at, you are fired." - Jerry Wainwright after Alabama State game.

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 11:23:20 PM »
Cieps, I always love the insight and the passion but we are NOT getting Eastern. I don't care if he fell a bit, majors will still be calling based on his potential. He will end up somewhere else other than Lincoln Park.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 09:18:03 AM »
Cieps, I always love the insight and the passion but we are NOT getting Eastern. I don't care if he fell a bit, majors will still be calling based on his potential. He will end up somewhere else other than Lincoln Park.
Big Kid - I can name you guys who always had the reputation of high potential who ultimately fell off these top program's radar.

Offline Q3DePaul

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 09:43:15 AM »
What ever happened to Marlon Jones?  I thought we were high on him for the 2016 class?

Offline Ciepierball