* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: How to right the ship?  (Read 6350 times)

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
How to right the ship?
« on: December 17, 2015, 12:59:11 PM »
5-5 after 10 games. The record of the teams who DePaul has beaten (as of noon on December 17th) is 8-33 (.195 winning percentage).

So what, if anything, do you see DePaul can do over the next 20 games to try and improve the state of the team/program going forward?

Offline lovethedrake

• 2 Star Prospect
Re: How to right the ship?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
Get better players

Offline aruffin2

• Stats Crew
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 05:28:14 PM »
They need to play more zone. Their man to man defense gives up to many points.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 06:13:33 PM »
Get better players
and how can they get better players in the next 20 games?

Offline Depressed

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 06:37:06 PM »
Bring in 7-8 New Players next year that are committed to playing defense and rebounding.  This season ended after that blowout to South Carolina , play the guys that actually want to be out there.   Walk ons if they are giving the effort , and the starters who are half assing can be shown the door.   I'd start Molinari, Rsychbough , Letiao Jr, Phillips, Dollins, and Barry first man off the bench.  What's the worst that's going to happen they are going to lose every game anyway ?

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 07:06:20 PM »
Bring in 7-8 New Players next year that are committed to playing defense and rebounding.  This season ended after that blowout to South Carolina , play the guys that actually want to be out there.   Walk ons if they are giving the effort , and the starters who are half assing can be shown the door.   I'd start Molinari, Rsychbough , Letiao Jr, Phillips, Dollins, and Barry first man off the bench.  What's the worst that's going to happen they are going to lose every game anyway ?
cant believe I am going to say this but I kinda agree. Give me the best effort guys in all facets. Deliver a message.

Offline Griffin11

• 1 Star Prospect
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »
I would definitely like to see some intensity.  Just not seeing the effort out there.

Work on the offense.  Get Henry more touches and shot opportunities.  Cutting down on turnovers would help.  They had 20 turnovers against Stanford.  I only watched the first half, but Stanford wasn't really being overly aggressive.  It was just bad decision making on DPU's part.

Work on defensive rotation.  So tired of seeing someone getting beat and nobody is there to help out.  Defense is really about desire and back to my opening statement, it just isn't there with this team.

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 01:03:09 AM »
If I'm this coaching staff, knowing I have a decent class coming in, I play the Cains, Gazis, Phillips, Scott's and Barrys as much as possible to see what I have. Once this Sr class leaves were left w/ Garett and IV, for the most part that's it. We have no Juniors. This is going to be a 3-4 year project so might as well as see what the young guys can do.

We are 5-5 against marginal competition with Henry, Stimage and Simpson. I'd take those 3 over Jr, IV and Wood any day but that's who is coming back. Once they leave, we are going to be worse off so might as well get the young into the rotation, give them experience, see how they work in the system and if they don't, move on and open even more scholarships. I've come to the realization this rebuild is going to be farther along then I anticipated.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:07:54 AM by Big Kid »

Offline lovethedrake

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 07:06:22 PM »
They Cant... sometimes a team just stinks. 

However, we can make some marginal progress if we NEVER play Wood or Rykbosch again and play Stimage for 30+ minutes.   

Why he sat nearly the entire second half with 2 fouls today will baffle me forever.  We are much better team with Stimage in the game.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 08:22:48 AM »
With Henry, Simpson, Garrett and Cain, you have 4 guys who have shown they can impact the game on the offensive end. Throw Tommy in there and we have multiple threats. However, we really need to ensure that if someone is cold, they understand to defer to others. There is not a need to shoot yourself out of the cold streak.

Offline lake county fan

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
What the hell do you do with wood last year he helped on offence this year he has been horrible

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
1 Jaylen Butz Javon Freeman-Liberty Markese Jacobs
2 Charlie Moore Darious Hall Oscar Lopez Jr
3 Brian Patrick Courvoisier McCauley Nick Ongenda
4 Pauly Paulicap Markese Jacobs Romeo Weems
5 Ray Salnave Oscar Lopez Jr Kobe Elvis
6 Javon Freeman-Liberty Nick Ongenda Ahamad Bynum
7 Darious Hall Romeo Weems Keon Edwards
8 Courvoisier McCauley Kobe Elvis Brett Hardt Jr.
9 Markese Jacobs Ahamad Bynum David Jones
10 Oscar Lopez Jr Keon Edwards Kok Yat
11 Nick Ongenda Brett Hardt Jr.  
12 Romeo Weems David Jones  
13 Kobe Elvis Kok Yat  

Senior
  Junior
  Sophomore
  Freshman

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal