* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: Expectation  (Read 14308 times)

Offline gochicago

• 2 Star Prospect
Expectation
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:50:59 PM »
Ok, DL and his staff have been on the job for a couple months now, it's now time for things to start happening.   By the end of the month, I would like to see at least one more commitment to this program.   

Offline Motor City Sam

• Student Manager
Re: Expectation
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:15:15 AM »
I think things started happening with the Gage commitment, but I know what you're saying.  I think Gage is going to be a pleasant surprise, but that wasn't the "splash" type of recruit that makes everyone sit up and take notice.   

Getting another recruit before the end of July would be nice, but that's still kind of early.  I wouldn't take it as a failure if they don't get another guy this month.  The staff has a lot of ground to make up.   I definitely want to see at least one significant verbal commit before the Fall semester, though. 

Offline dmenblues

• Stats Crew
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 02:13:20 PM »
i wouldn't expect much from him yet, We all knew it would be a longer road when DL got hired. He doesn't have the name or clout to get top players without winning first.

i was hoping carter and assistants would be able to grab some talent or bring some of their connections this way but it doesn't seem like it.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:01 AM »
This month of July is extremely key. We should have a strong sense of this staff and it's abilities after the July AAU season is over.

Offline gochicago

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 12:07:31 PM »
Does anyone think DL and his staff have the potential of possibly shocking us by signing 1 or 2 top 125 players?

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 03:34:21 PM »
Does anyone think DL and his staff have the potential of possibly shocking us by signing 1 or 2 top 125 players?
Maybe 1. They have been going after some guys who have seemingly had a strong summer and were underrated prior (someone like Kevin Marfo). But DePaul has to really narrow the focus on a few guys and go extremely hard to get them. If a guy is a long shot to come to DePaul, stop wasting the effort to try and get them.

Offline DPU70

• Second Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Redenbacher
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 05:01:32 AM »
The elements that were lacking; discipline, cohesion, intensity, are all strengths of DL.  His in-your-face coaching style is what may be needed to rid the country club attitude.

He will bring a fresh outlook to the same group of players.  I fully expect a much improved style of play and much better results.  We will see a TEAM on the floor.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »
The elements that were lacking; discipline, cohesion, intensity, are all strengths of DL.  His in-your-face coaching style is what may be needed to rid the country club attitude.

He will bring a fresh outlook to the same group of players.  I fully expect a much improved style of play and much better results.  We will see a TEAM on the floor.
So is the first of the annual "This year will be different" post that we see? I agree that we will see some change DPU70, but I also think we will see some regression in other facets. I am just very hesitant to be positive for this upcoming season.

Offline DPU70

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 10:22:14 AM »
Fresh, it can only be successful if the players react to him well.  I think OP lost this group.  We saw the same thing happen to JW.  Players who started gave up and sat at the end. 

When you don't have confidence in your coach, it shows on the floor.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »
Fresh, it can only be successful if the players react to him well.  I think OP lost this group.  We saw the same thing happen to JW.  Players who started gave up and sat at the end. 

When you don't have confidence in your coach, it shows on the floor.
I think it may also have to do something with the make-up of these players. I have not seen many players who do well with adversity. When things went well, they kept their head up. When it got bumpy (like the end of the non-conf season), I saw a lot of selfishness and bad attitudes.

Talk/words are cheap. Show me measurable results and you have someone will buy into the hype/words.

Offline DPU70

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »
well, I believe the prima donna attitude will leave.  Hope DL can form a team.  This group has talent that needs to be funneled.

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »
With any new coaching situation, some of the returnees will buy in and a few won't. Given our depth situation, the few that inevitably do not buy in added to the inexperience of the Freshmen who will supplement the depth will hurt us over the course of a season.

At the end of the day, this is not a post season team this year.

Offline gochicago

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 06:18:11 PM »
July has now passed and we still have only one recruit for next year, should we be concerned?

Offline John92

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »
I would not worry yet.  At least no more than normal.  Most years the first commit is in September, i think.  So Gage has us ahead of schedule and we have a new staff. It will be interesting to see what develops over the next 60 days on this front.  Apparently we are final 3 for Shabazz Muhammad kid brother who is transferring from out west.  Team was horrible, but he averaged 13-14 ppg. Has 2 years of eligibility left?

Plenty of time to be depressed this autumn.  Enjoy the summer!

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 07:47:40 AM »
I was not expecting commitments during July, but did the DePaul brand get bought into by recruits in July? My initial perspective is not really. A few more nibbles perhaps, but I am not feeling like significant movement was made in July as far as courting recruits.

Offline DPU70

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 07:05:53 PM »
well, I think today's game shows that the players are buying into DL.  Outscoring an opponent by 30 in the second half definitely shows a talk by the coach and adjustments that were made on the floor.

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 08:39:11 AM »
well, I think today's game shows that the players are buying into DL.  Outscoring an opponent by 30 in the second half definitely shows a talk by the coach and adjustments that were made on the floor.

I hope you are right fine sir. I've seen enough over the past 8 Years, however, to reserve judgement until we start playing meaningful games against teams that would have beaten us in the past or could still beat us today. I am hoping for a modest 2-3 Win improvement which would put us near .500.

Offline gochicago

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 11:33:12 AM »
Ok, so now August has come and gone and we still only have one commitment for 2016, should we be concerned?   I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm starting to get a little worried why nothing more has not happened.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
One commitment concerning? No
Only a few official visits set up and potentially low interest in DePaul? Yes

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »
One commitment concerning? No
Only a few official visits set up and potentially low interest in DePaul? Yes
GoChicago - we should be concerned now.

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
1 Jaylen Butz Javon Freeman-Liberty Markese Jacobs
2 Charlie Moore Darious Hall Oscar Lopez Jr
3 Brian Patrick Courvoisier McCauley Nick Ongenda
4 Pauly Paulicap Markese Jacobs Romeo Weems
5 Ray Salnave Oscar Lopez Jr Kobe Elvis
6 Javon Freeman-Liberty Nick Ongenda Ahamad Bynum
7 Darious Hall Romeo Weems Keon Edwards
8 Courvoisier McCauley Kobe Elvis Brett Hardt Jr.
9 Markese Jacobs Ahamad Bynum David Jones
10 Oscar Lopez Jr Keon Edwards Kok Yat
11 Nick Ongenda Brett Hardt Jr.  
12 Romeo Weems David Jones  
13 Kobe Elvis Kok Yat  

Senior
  Junior
  Sophomore
  Freshman

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal