* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: Hopes / Expectations for the season?  (Read 3927 times)

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
Hopes / Expectations for the season?
« on: November 09, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »
So we are 5 days from the season opener. There is 1 exhibition game to go off of. So what are your hopes for this team / individuals and what are the actual expectations. I would hope this spurs some interesting talk and thoughts. It is not a prediction question, but deeper.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
Re: Hopes / Expectations for the season?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:12:10 AM »
Since I started this thread, I figure I will answer it.

My hope is that we see a balanced team; I do not want it to be a team dominated by few players. There are players on this team who are threats and the more weapons we have, the better.

I believe Billy will 'underachieve' in the eyes of the masses with his numbers being down, but it will be because the team spreads it out more and he is not asked to do as much as in the past.

Provided Myke Henry's health is not an issue (I believe he sat out because of a shoulder issue), I could see him making his name known more in his senior year.

I believe that there will be a player who is kinda written off on this team now, that will be a key contributor and really step up. We saw it with Forrest Robinson, and hell, even Cleveland his freshman year was almost no expectations. It may not be seen in the early part of the season, but come mid to late December and Big East play, that player will come to be noticed more. Cain seems like the likely candidate, but Frederick Scott may wind up being that guy.

I do expect that Darrick Wood and Tommy Hamilton III will be players who are loved one game and disliked another. So much potential and talent, but they are just cursed with inconsistency as well as abilities to pout that affect them.

Offline OldSchoolDemon

• Captain Animus
  • 3 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: JLP
Re: Hopes / Expectations for the season?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »
I don't have a record in mind per say, but instead the whole optics mantra. The ability to build some buzz and MAINTAIN buzz. I'll go all the way back to OP's second year when we played in orlando against Minnesota. It was a game that I thought they could set the tone for the season by winning and building some confidence...we lost and now look back on all the pre-season games and you find that we never ever built momentum nor created buzz. For Example, Last year after Stanford with the stink of the Lehigh game dissipating we went out in our first real test after a few more bunnies and had our asses handed to us and proceeded to go into a free fall. What I remember most about Dave in his first stint with DPU was the ability to win games to make us fans confident we would be ready game in and game out. He won games we did not expect, he won games that I considered payback and this season I want to see him do what Ollie never did...capitalize and build some momentum and BUILD CONFIDENCE. I'm taking a game by game approach dave...it starts with WMU and then we hit the road for Penn State...a HUGE game. That game can set the tone for the tough matchup with the gamecocks and you can build momentum by winning those two with the chance to play a meaningful game against FSU. DePaul has been a pushover and it's Dave's job to create some confidence amongst many of us that we actually can win games instead of hoping for the best. The clock is ticking already and without wins and something to sell our recruiting is going to continue to suffer.
The right path is sometimes the tortured path...DePaul fans are the definition of "tortured"

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
1 Jaylen Butz Javon Freeman-Liberty Markese Jacobs
2 Charlie Moore Darious Hall Oscar Lopez Jr
3 Brian Patrick Courvoisier McCauley Nick Ongenda
4 Pauly Paulicap Markese Jacobs Romeo Weems
5 Ray Salnave Oscar Lopez Jr Kobe Elvis
6 Javon Freeman-Liberty Nick Ongenda Ahamad Bynum
7 Darious Hall Romeo Weems Keon Edwards
8 Courvoisier McCauley Kobe Elvis Brett Hardt Jr.
9 Markese Jacobs Ahamad Bynum David Jones
10 Oscar Lopez Jr Keon Edwards Kok Yat
11 Nick Ongenda Brett Hardt Jr.  
12 Romeo Weems David Jones  
13 Kobe Elvis Kok Yat  

Senior
  Junior
  Sophomore
  Freshman

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal