* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: How About a Game?  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
How About a Game?
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:32:10 AM »
Iíve seen the responses on the season but for those of you that had and didnít renew or didnít have, is anyone even thinking about attending a game this year.

After going to about 2/3rds of the games last year I think Iím refraining from returning to Wintrust at all until things are done internally so I may not see it for a long time.

Offline Hayes-Healy Superstar

• Inventor of the Fist Bump
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Bluto
Re: How About a Game?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »
"How... about... a game of... chess?"  Sorry for the '80's movie reference :)

I was content on NOT seeing one game this year, until my son got ahold of the schedule and asked if we could go see them play Xavier over Xmas break.... so yeah, i'll see one game.
Smart men learn from their mistakes, wise men learn from the mistakes of others.

Offline DPU70

• Second Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Redenbacher
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 11:18:16 AM »
I'm not planning on seeing any.  Certainly won't go on a weekday.  And, there is no attraction to lose a day on a weekend just to go.

A season ticket holder since we moved to the Horizon, and now, there is NO interest at all.

I had planned to give up last season, but my son got season's tickets for me.  Thank you son.  But, please, no more.

Offline Ciepierball

• Powered by Yatta!
  • 5 Star Prospect
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »
Not a single one.  Will be going to a Mizzou, Illinois, Illinois State, and Wright State games......and that's it.
"In life if you don't perform at things you're expected to perform at, you are fired." - Jerry Wainwright after Alabama State game.

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 10:34:12 PM »
Amen...I probably live the closest...Midway area and I have no desire like you DPU70. No thank you. I know you have a trek just like Ciep and I know the both of you have long time season ties to this program. People need to see this, how sad. 1. You have long time people (and alumni at that) that are done and 2. another alum that has had tix off and on the past 30 yearís that lives close and is done. How sad.

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 10:37:05 PM »
And Cieps, I will be following Valpo. Going to the Illinois State game on the road, at Loyola and a host of home conference games especially. Itís my daughterís senior year and we are going to make the most of it. Plus they have a pretty damn talented team.

Offline beersinthebleechers

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 12:01:45 PM »
Nope...went only once last year to the new arena just to see it and will not attend again. If for any reason I see DePaul play live this year it would be because I would like to take a trip to both Marquette and Northwestern to see their new digs so if DePaul is their opponent on a day that works best then yea maybe i will go. Dropped my season tix years ago and will not go back until JLP and DL are both just a mention in the media guide. but with the new location ever going back to ST will not happen.

Usually hit 5 to 10 college hoops games a season ( at NU, Marquette, ND, NIU, UIC, a couple D3's)  but for sure Wintrust will not be on the agenda whatsoever

Offline hbomb

• 1 Star Prospect
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 12:13:32 PM »
Might go to one around the holidays as part of a weekend downtown, but that will be it.  I hate the new arena.  Forget the difficulty getting to it, it's poorly designed on the inside.  Long lines to get in as there is one set of escalators (the change in design from the floor being below ground level is the culprit there I think), the concourse is smaller than the Horizon's, the bathroom and concession lines are awful-even when the arena is half empty, and no bathrooms or concessions on half of the main floor as the licensed seating area takes up the whole west side.  Forget getting a refreshment at halftime, several times I waited the entire half in line and had to go back to the seats empty-handed as the game started back up before I could get to the front of the line.  It feels cramped and claustrophobic.

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 12:59:27 PM »
So agree the place looks nice but is poorly laid out...another DePaul mess up

Offline hbomb

• 1 Star Prospect
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 01:52:14 PM »
yeah, the more I think about it I think the change in plans from a floor below ground to ground level wasn't dealt with appropriately.  What was to be the second level is now the main level and they didn't do much to change that around after the original plan was axed

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 10:24:56 PM »
You guys are spot on. I remember going to the ďopenĒpractice where there was no one there last year as a season ticket holder and thinking this place is nice. Because of that we took a tour of the locker rooms and workout facilities I was impressed. They are impressive. BUT as I started going to games, and my seats were in the upper level, I was sooooo dispappoimted. Concessions and bathrooms were a disaster even on low volume game days as some have mentioned. If this team ever gets its collective shittake together and becomes good, these issues will remain tenfold. I really have no desire to return. Obviously if changes are made to my liking and I feel we are on a path of progress I may eat my words and deal with the shortcomings but until then Iíll keep my $23 parking cost and extra costs of feeding myself and my guest in my pocket as well as my season ticket money.

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »
One side note about Wintrust. Alot of high school games trying to be played there are finding the parking fees to be a detriment. The city will not budge or wave the fee causing alot of angst. So typical

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
1 Jaylen Butz Javon Freeman-Liberty Markese Jacobs
2 Charlie Moore Darious Hall Oscar Lopez Jr
3 Brian Patrick Courvoisier McCauley Nick Ongenda
4 Pauly Paulicap Markese Jacobs Romeo Weems
5 Ray Salnave Oscar Lopez Jr Kobe Elvis
6 Javon Freeman-Liberty Nick Ongenda Ahamad Bynum
7 Darious Hall Romeo Weems Keon Edwards
8 Courvoisier McCauley Kobe Elvis Brett Hardt Jr.
9 Markese Jacobs Ahamad Bynum David Jones
10 Oscar Lopez Jr Keon Edwards Kok Yat
11 Nick Ongenda Brett Hardt Jr.  
12 Romeo Weems David Jones  
13 Kobe Elvis Kok Yat  

Senior
  Junior
  Sophomore
  Freshman

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal