Season Predictions

The place to discuss DePaul athletics among the most hardcore Blue Demons fans.
Forum rules
Spamming = auto ban
Basic rule is treat others with some level of respect at minimum. Discretion lies with administration on what crossed the line.
dive55

Season Predictions

Post by dive55 »

Ok, I posted this previously but figured would be worth posting again to keep the discussion going.

What's your prediction for the Blue Demons for the following:

Non-conf record?
Conference record?
Conference standing?
Big East Tournament?
Post Season?
dive55

Re: Season Predictions

Post by dive55 »

Here is mine, which should be pretty similar to what what I posted previously.

9-2 Non-conference. Seems like a non-conference like we saw in '18-'19 or '19-'20, rack up a bunch of wins when most know the talent won't measure up to the level you play in a conference like the Big East.

6-14 Conference, and that is probably bullish. Have some blind optimism that this team can take advantage when other teams are down or not playing as well as they should have.

9th place in the conference, think they can eek ahead of 1 or 2 teams from the cellar.

1-1 in BET, getting a W on the first day before bowing out before anything of significance.

A CBI invite despite being a couple of games below .500 on the season; chance for the team and coach to get more exposure. 2-1 in that tournament.
VUWildcat2103
Site Admin

Post by VUWildcat2103 »

The fact that Bynum and Terry are not cleared is not good for the predictions. 2 of the top 7 on the team I would imagine. Depending on how long they are out for, I could see a range of 7 to 9 wins in non-conference and anywhere from 3 to 7 wins in conference.

Hoping the clearance comes shortly.
BringBackJoey2021

Post by BringBackJoey2021 »

9-22 (0-20) - not being a jerk, I just think we are that bad.
Mac23

Post by Mac23 »

I stopped my prediction as it became more “hope” than realistic reality. With DL I knew what we had with his coaching ability and team talent. I still don’t know if Stubbs can even coach? Huge concerns but I trust DP for now.
Lake County Fan

Post by Lake County Fan »

Without Byrum and Terry I think 5nc wins and 3 in the BE
dive55

Post by dive55 »

Non-conference record ends up at 9-1.

Myself (9-2); VU (7 to 9 wins); and BringBackJoey (9-2 inferred) were all basically right there.

Despite them playing better than expected, I would not revise my conference prediction at this time. The lack of depth is going to wear on this team during conference play I fear. There is likely to be games they 'could have' won but were just worn down. Especially if the postponed league games are going to get rescheduled, that is going to be one cramped schedule from here on out.
corbinnow

Post by corbinnow »

Oh wait.... I thought the team "was different this year" LMAO. Same old ePaul. Wake me up when they are out of the Big East Cellar. Max 3-4 BE Wins. OOC doesn't fucxing matter.....

Our Big Dreamer AD didn't have a budget to get a world-beater HC. Tall Hat, No Cattle.
VUWildcat2103
Site Admin

Post by VUWildcat2103 »

Wake up Corbin. Georgetown is in the cellar.

A .500 season is possible. Not great, however this is the first year I can recall that there are no “bad” losses.
dive55

Post by dive55 »

VUWildcat2103 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:20 pm Wake up Corbin. Georgetown is in the cellar.
Will be interesting to see what they do with Ewing. Obviously they don't want to linger in the cellar, but he being an icon player of the program might buy him a longer stay than normal.