Level of Support for DePaul

The place to discuss DePaul athletics among the most hardcore Blue Demons fans.
Forum rules
Spamming = auto ban
Basic rule is treat others with some level of respect at minimum. Discretion lies with administration on what crossed the line.

a. I have either donated to DePaul, Athletics or attended a Home Game in the last 5 years.
63%
b. last 6-10
13%
c. Over 10 years
13%
d. Never
13%

Total votes: 16

Big Kid

Post by Big Kid »

Gauging the board’s commitment or lack of for DePaul basketball or the university as a whole to a lesser degree.

Me personally, got season tickets the first year at Wintrust (hard to believe they just played their 6th season there). After they lost out on Campbell and a few others I non-renewed. Haven’t been to a game since. Prior to that year the last home game I attended was Wainwright’s 3rd year when they lost to NC A&T.

I think I gave donations for a couple years during Kennedy’s tenure. No donations since then.
Lake County Fan

Re: Level of Support for DePaul

Post by Lake County Fan »

I have season tickets every year since the move but it gets harder every year
Big Kid

Post by Big Kid »

It does…
Demon2002-DPU70

Post by Demon2002-DPU70 »

This is why stadiums on/close to campus will always be the best answer…. Because as we all age out you must replace with the new.

Campus areas make a statement that this is a part of the school, it’s what we do here, it’s physically there and visible, and always easy for the next generation to attend. In truth it needs to be about the students because it creates the next generation in place of we aging older guys.

On this point I argued all the time with my old man DPU70 - who’s commonly say the kids don’t like sports anymore in depauls student body and they don’t admit sports first students (which I also somewhat agree with).

But in my view a stadium on campuss is 100% always the right answer for longevity culture and sustainability.