Loyola Post Game Disc

The place to discuss DePaul athletics among the most hardcore Blue Demons fans.
Forum rules
Spamming = auto ban
Basic rule is treat others with some level of respect at minimum. Discretion lies with administration on what crossed the line.
Demon2002-DPU70

Loyola Post Game Disc

Post by Demon2002-DPU70 »

That game was good, obviously frustrating result however. Some Observations.

1. We were out rebounded. This wasn’t about height, but position, their post players moved us around a lot, and that was a difference maker.

2. Overall balanced result - they outdid us in assists and they have more turnovers.

3. Shot selection, I think their defense held us to a lot of poor shot selection and one pass shot possessions that came up empty.

4. There were some suspect calls late that were big misses and momentum changers. That’s crushing when in a tough game

5. We need reserves. Our guys are gassed. Where the heck is grant foster? Announcers are totally silent on that.

6. What in god name does the NCAA have against Bynum? Our guys need a blow, NCAA is not helping here. What do we need to do to get him going?

7. Never happy with a loss. Especially for bragging rights. We need to address the items above before going to the BE but I’m encouraged by the showing - still with a halftime lead this was our game to win and we lost.
Lake County Fan

Re: Loyola Post Game Disc

Post by Lake County Fan »

Loss is tough but need to improve need the additional players to get onboard
Now move on to Tuesday and get a win still have some tough nc games left
Mac23

Post by Mac23 »

Tough loss but a fun game to watch.

Defense played really well with exception of rebounding. JFL and Jones play tough defense and attack the glass. We need more out of Nick; he’s late on defense and picks up silly fouls trying to catch up. Johnson was playing hurt at the end of the game but he really wasn’t a factor on the boards either. We have to win that battle.

I’m confused with Gebrewhit; his game yesterday was rough. He had some open looks and some ugly results. He also likes to shoot it at all cost, once the ball goes to him it doesn’t come out (he took more shots than JFL). I think the team looks better with Terry in the game.
Demon2002-DPU70

Post by Demon2002-DPU70 »

Mac agree on them being better with Terry in the game. I like his speed and the way he pushes the offense. He’s good on speedy opponents - right in them. I was shocked he went up for the alley oop at his size and it was awesome.

No doubt Jones just wants to win. He plays so hard. With so much intention.

McCually is a non factor. If we had Bynum and Foster back you’d see some very interesting combinations that would make DePaul hard to matchup with. But without them we have to play McCually and he’s not great on defense and doesn’t move well on offense.
Mac23

Post by Mac23 »

Just wondering if our probation status is impacting our players being cleared by the NCAA. I believe we are still on probation? 3-years from 2019. Not sure when it actually started and officially ends but would that give the NCAA more pause? Maybe not but these clearing delays are insane and you have to wonder why.