RIP DPU70 - Congrats on taking the over on Coppin too

The place to discuss DePaul athletics among the most hardcore Blue Demons fans.
Forum rules
Spamming = auto ban
Basic rule is treat others with some level of respect at minimum. Discretion lies with administration on what crossed the line.
Demon2002-DPU70

RIP DPU70 - Congrats on taking the over on Coppin too

Post by Demon2002-DPU70 »

DePaul Basketball friends and fans. I’m grief stricken but wanted to share in the passing of DPU70. Dad was a real DePaul fan the bled for the school and for the Blue Demons. Your forums filled him with all sorts of emotions and helped fuel his love of DePaul basketball. Dad took the over last night, and I the under, and looks like he was right despite the first half mess.

My earliest days with DePaul was sitting in packed stadiums at the Horizon in later 80’s and early 90’s watching Tommy K, Boothe and Howard. Dad met mom who was a DZ (dad was an Alpha Beta Gamma guy) in basement of old Alumni Hall cafeteria. DePaul and basketball was a the center of his life and you all helped him keep the fire alive.

Torch is to me now. Appreciate the kind words VUWildcat about DPU70. RIP DPU70, Dad…

https://www.davenportfamily.com/obituary/Dennis-India
VUWildcat2103
Site Admin

Re: RIP DPU70 - Congrats on taking the over on Coppin too

Post by VUWildcat2103 »

I am pretty sure after this first half, your dad was spilling the popcorn over the balcony... yet again. I will miss your dad's wit, comedy and friendship. You were one of the lucky ones; having someone like him raising you.
dive55

Post by dive55 »

RIP....so sorry for you and your family's loss.

May there be more wins than losses for his beloved team moving forward giving him something to smile down from above about.
HHS

Post by HHS »

As time passes, unfortunately I find myself saying more goodbyes than hello. Your Dad was one I always enjoyed conversing with here, and I wish I was able to know him in person. My deepest condolences… he will be missed, and I will hold him and your family in my prayers.
VUWildcat2103
Site Admin

Post by VUWildcat2103 »

HHS wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:36 am As time passes, unfortunately I find myself saying more goodbyes than hello. Your Dad was one I always enjoyed conversing with here, and I wish I was able to know him in person. My deepest condolences… he will be missed, and I will hold him and your family in my prayers.
Novembers just stink. I lost my dad last November, and seeing how Demon2002 speaks about his dad and the relationship they had, it really struck home with me.
Griffin11

Post by Griffin11 »

Sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed your Dad's input here. But my favorite memory was when DPU70 asked us to tone down our language because sometimes his wife saw the message board. I never knew if it was a joke or he was being serious.
Mac23

Post by Mac23 »

I’m sorry for your loss. RIP. 🙏
corbinnow

Post by corbinnow »

Sorry for your loss. So there was Father and Son DPU posters.
Demon2002-DPU70

Post by Demon2002-DPU70 »

Thank you all for the Condolences. DPU70 was laid down yesterday in All Saints in Des Plaines and sent upstairs properly (with two memorable DePaul Basketball Tickets tucked into his front suit pocket so he can always get in to watch the game).

And Dad took CMU and the spread of 13.5 and lost the bet with me. It was a blowout but Dad thought it could be a let down game and they wouldn’t cover - good result for us all to work from with 99 pts and bunch of guys still out.