Concerns for 2021-22 Season

The place to discuss DePaul athletics among the most hardcore Blue Demons fans.
Forum rules
Spamming = auto ban
Basic rule is treat others with some level of respect at minimum. Discretion lies with administration on what crossed the line.
VUWildcat2103
Site Admin

Concerns for 2021-22 Season

Post by VUWildcat2103 »

Let's make festivus a little early this year, air your grievances now.

Yes it is just one game, however, I am concerned that Freeman-Liberty is going to be a lesser Charlie Moore, volume shooter who misses his share of shots. I personally would want to see a team where it is not one primary shooter, make the scouting report a bit more difficult. I do think Grant-Foster will be a welcome surprise. Perhaps a 12 and 5 type player, making around 47% of his shots.
Mac23

Re: Concerns for 2021-22 Season

Post by Mac23 »

Hopefully we get to full depth; hurts being down two with a new system and group of new players. I assume that is still the case? I have not seen any news to say otherwise.
Demonsball

Post by Demonsball »

Biggest concern is the lack of recruiting. This season is going to bad to very bad. But we are used to that. What the staff should be doing is building, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest that. Only one recruit when a record number are off the board in the early signing period is bad for us. I think Stubbs plans to live off the portal, but that makes it tough to build/instill culture. He’s in a really bad spot. Hopefully he can do something to show progress.
VUWildcat2103
Site Admin

Post by VUWildcat2103 »

Demonsball wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:25 pm Biggest concern is the lack of recruiting. This season is going to bad to very bad. But we are used to that. What the staff should be doing is building, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest that. Only one recruit when a record number are off the board in the early signing period is bad for us. I think Stubbs plans to live off the portal, but that makes it tough to build/instill culture. He’s in a really bad spot. Hopefully he can do something to show progress.
I believe we have two recruits, Raimey and Murphy. My guess is they will be focused on 5th year / transfers for next year if there are open scholarships.
dive55

Post by dive55 »

I definitely don't envy coaches and the shuffling that takes place with the transfers now. However, it is the current practice in college b-ball, and football. So if you don't adapt and figure out a way to handle it and recruit from not only the HS ranks but also the transfer portal, you will be left behind your peers.
horvathofftheglass

Post by horvathofftheglass »

Murphy decommitted a while ago.
VUWildcat2103
Site Admin

Post by VUWildcat2103 »

Rivals needs to update that
horvathofftheglass wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:19 am Murphy decommitted a while ago.
Mac23

Post by Mac23 »

For a program that needs to recruit and recruit well it is disappointing that we don’t seem to be making any traction. Winning will help but that recipe doesn’t help a new coach in the BE. The cart has to before the horse for us!