* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: Jr. NBA - who exactly was that intended for? Another crazy HHS Hypothesis  (Read 559 times)

Offline Hayes-Healy Superstar

• Inventor of the Fist Bump
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Bluto
Follow me here. The "Junior NBA" comment was  as ridiculous a comment our Dear Leader has ever uttered in her tenure, by no small measure. But it seemed unprovoked, and almost as if she couldn't wait to get that out in the open.

She made mention that "I hear from our longtime, loyal season ticket holders who come to games because they want to support DePaul student athletes, they're not coming to games expecting it to be the Junior NBA".

Might that public retort be directed at Dr. Esteban himself?  Might it be that she was responding to presure from above, "Why aren't we getting star players? Don't season ticket holders want to see NBA caliber talent?"
Smart men learn from their mistakes, wise men learn from the mistakes of others.

Offline Seyton

• 3 Star Prospect
It very well could be.  It's an interesting theory - but that's essentially saying to the President, "Don't worry - nobody cares and we're not interested in making them care."

If she was getting pressure from above, as she should be, her response is inept, which is keeping in line with her general thought process and performance.

In the end, I think that quote is going to be her real undoing - and rightfully so.

Offline Hayes-Healy Superstar

• Inventor of the Fist Bump
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Bluto
Gets to a point I made a while back.  She want to claim support from 90-100% of the 'loyal' season ticket holders.  Well, if your season ticket holder base is in the low 100's, then claiming support from 100% of THAT number is still a failure.  But that is her mindset.
Smart men learn from their mistakes, wise men learn from the mistakes of others.

Offline Seyton

• 3 Star Prospect
Exactly.  There are very few season ticket holders, especially relative to the big time basketball schools in the power 6.  Our season ticket holders are in their mid-40s like you and me to their mid hundreds like the rest of this board.

And the rest of this board's so old they probably think they're at the library - not a DePaul game.  It's not like the atmosphere is going to give them any indication.

Online beersinthebleechers

• 3 Star Prospect
JR NBA??? hmmmm it seems to me that the conference we play in, with the money we get from it, actually plays its conference tournament in the WORLDS MOST FAMOUS ARENA, on the BIGGEST STAGE IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL, in the MEDIA CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!!!!!! but yea we are small potatoes and you should be offended we do not have players that are deserving of playing in that since its not what we want. We want D-2 players as long as they go to class, dance on the sideline, and give our AD a big hug and kiss her ring on Senior Night all is good

Online DPU70

• Second Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Redenbacher
When she says loyal, she is looking at the balance in their checkbook.  The few with the means she needs are the loyal fans.

It's not you and me, as we can't foot the bill for the Coach, as Jeanie did with OP.

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2018-19 2019-20 2020-21
1 Elijah Cain Jalen Coleman-Lands Jaylen Butz
2 Femi Olujobi Devin Gage Paul Reed
3 Max Strus Austin Grandstaff Flynn Cameron
4 Jalen Coleman-Lands Jaylen Butz John Diener
5 Devin Gage Paul Reed Darious Hall
6 Austin Grandstaff Flynn Cameron George Maslennikov
7 Jaylen Butz John Diener Romeo Weems
8 Darious Hall (Transfer redshirt) Darious Hall  
9 Paul Reed George Maslennikov  
10 Flynn Cameron Romeo Weems