* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: Billy Blue Demon Logo  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Demon82

• Stats Crew
Billy Blue Demon Logo
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »
Does anyone know the real back story why the old Billy Blue Demon logo was replaced ?

Offline demondog12

• Stats Crew
Re: Billy Blue Demon Logo
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 12:07:44 PM »
Demon82 it boggles my mind that the MKT department doesnt have more stuff with the old logo. our logo is outdated with and looks like and XFL logo.

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »
Demon82 it boggles my mind that the MKT department doesnt have more stuff with the old logo. our logo is outdated with and looks like and XFL logo.
So our current logo is outdated, but our OLD OLD logo is not outdated?

Offline beersinthebleechers

• 3 Star Prospect

Offline DPU70

• Second Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Redenbacher
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 11:17:20 AM »

Posted by: Freshjive2103: So our current logo is outdated, but our OLD OLD logo is not outdated?

This makes perfect sense to me.

Offline erbsademon

• 3 Star Prospect
  • #FireJLP
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »
I think the current logo stinks.  The old billy bluedemon logo is cool and retro is in fashion so a competent marketing group would capitalize on this by selling billy bluedemon branded apparel.
#FireJLP

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 11:37:54 AM »
The current logo needs to go. It is a terrible branding and looks like a joke. Our merchandising is just plain bad much like the team. Time for a re-do. The old logo does not need to necessarily come back but selling it retro would be nice. It is just so DePaul to disassociate itself with anything at all that is from a time that the mens team was successful

Online DPUdead

• Stats Crew
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 01:02:55 PM »
"DePaul is Chicagoís college basketball team," Kennedy said. "I think even our competitors would not disagree. Itís a known fact locally, and itís a known fact nationally."

Regardless of the logo, DPU is obviously no longer Chicago's college basketball team, and will likely never be again.  If Loyola pursues its strategy, it will continue to be Chicago's team for a long time. Throw in NU if you consider Evanston part of "Chicago".  DPU is not even an afterthought.

Offline demondog12

• Stats Crew
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
saying OLD Billy blue demon looks cool for Vintage merchandise. obviously not to use now but would be cool to have some old logo merchandise. you can look at Georgetown, Nova, etc and they have alot of vintage logo merchandise. we have maybe one shirt.
http://shop.villanova.com/COLLEGE_Villanova_Wildcats_Mens_T-Shirts/Mens_Original_Retro_Brand_Heather_Navy_Villanova_Wildcats_Vintage_Tri-Blend_T-Shirt

http://shop.guhoyas.com/COLLEGE_Georgetown_Hoyas_Mens_T-Shirts/Mens_Original_Retro_Brand_Heathered_Navy_Georgetown_Hoyas_Tri-Blend_T-Shirt

Offline VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 02:38:27 PM »
saying OLD Billy blue demon looks cool for Vintage merchandise. obviously not to use now but would be cool to have some old logo merchandise. you can look at Georgetown, Nova, etc and they have alot of vintage logo merchandise. we have maybe one shirt.
http://shop.villanova.com/COLLEGE_Villanova_Wildcats_Mens_T-Shirts/Mens_Original_Retro_Brand_Heather_Navy_Villanova_Wildcats_Vintage_Tri-Blend_T-Shirt

http://shop.guhoyas.com/COLLEGE_Georgetown_Hoyas_Mens_T-Shirts/Mens_Original_Retro_Brand_Heathered_Navy_Georgetown_Hoyas_Tri-Blend_T-Shirt
Who will pay the licensing fee to create merchandise with the old logo? We are talking about DePaul, a Big East program where you struggle to find more than 5 items DePaul related in a Dick's Sporting Goods. The demand for DePaul stuff is crap and the demand for old logo stuff is even crappier.

Offline BlueDemonJohn

• Stats Crew
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 02:47:00 PM »
I agree with Erbs, the old logo is cool/retro. I liken it to the Kansas Jayhawk logo which, I don't think KU has appreciably changed since the 40's.

Old logo should be as huge on the court at Wintrust as the Jayhawk is at the Phog. New logo is just weird.

Fresh is right tho, demand for any DePaul gear is "crap".

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 08:13:04 AM »
Demand for the gear is crap because !) the team absolutely is awful and 2)the merchandise and logo/branding is absolutely pathetic. Even if we are terrible on the court you can make the merchandise better for alums and students to be wanting to rep, that is your built in customers right there.

This is the crap JLP and the idiots do not understand. Its why I have heard college coaches all through my adult life say when taking over a program that hasnt won in a while the number one thing to do is get the students at games and make it as fun as possible. Its an easy sell especially if you have an on campus facility. You have thousands of prospective fans there.

I remember reading a story on PJ Fleck and how he got about a thousand t-shirts from Nike with a cool Western Michigan logo and he and his staff went around campus when they were 0-12 and gave a shirt to every student they could find, especially ones that were wearing other schools merchandise (Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State). They go to school there he said no matter our record at least have cool stuff they want to wear from their own school

Online Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 08:28:10 AM »
Beers, thatís the myopic thinking we as a fans have to endure. Devil in the Blue Dress has all her lackeys yelling her how great she is. Everyone gladhanding each other as the ship continues to sink. I thought A new  ďadmiralĒ  coming on board might be able to save it but he is as clueless and believes what theyíre telling him. Heís as nuts as they are. I mean, look at these 2 comments alone, we are not the Junior NBA and we donít want to build up menís basketball while diminishing the other sports. Who thinks like that??? At a school that competes in the Big East no less!!!

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 11:29:29 AM »
as we all know DePaul athletics monitors this site so us complaining about the logo means they absolutely will not change the logo or merchandising anytime in the future because that would mean caving into our ideas even if it is a no brainier and every branding consulting firm would agree. It is pomposity gone wild!

Offline DPU70

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 09:28:56 AM »
Can someone post the old and new logos so I can tell which you are talking about?  Is the old one with Billy demon dumping in the basket?
Or the one with blue lightening flashes?

• 3 Star Prospect

Offline DPU70

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 05:16:57 PM »
All I know is the original intent was Not DEMONS.  It was D-Men.  D for DePaul. 
With that in mind, the women's team should not be allowed to use it.  They are D-Women.

Anyhow, I really didn't like the demon dumping in the basket. 
And, is there any correlation to the advent of the New logo, 1999, and the skid of our program, since then?

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 08:10:31 AM »
Right DPU70 I wasnt a fan on the Dumping Billy either but this shittake we have had since 99 is worse and quite frankly is symbolic of the shittake program we have had since. Get something new already

Offline DPU70

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 04:20:04 PM »
All I know is the original intent was Not DEMONS.  It was D-Men.  D for DePaul. 
With that in mind, the women's team should not be allowed to use it.  They are D-Women.

Anyhow, I really didn't like the demon dumping in the basket. 
And, is there any correlation to the advent of the New logo, 1999, and the skid of our program, since then?

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2018-19 2019-20 2020-21
1 Elijah Cain Jalen Coleman-Lands Devin Gage
2 Femi Olujobi Lyrik Shreiner Jaylen Butz
3 Max Strus Devin Gage Paul Reed
4 Jalen Coleman-Lands Jaylen Butz Flynn Cameron
5 Lyrik Shreiner Paul Reed John Diener
6 Jaylen Butz Flynn Cameron Darious Hall
7 Devin Gage John Diener George Maslennikov
8 Darious Hall (Transfer redshirt) Darious Hall Markese Jacobs
9 Paul Reed George Maslennikov Oscar Lopez
10 Flynn Cameron Markese Jacobs Romeo Weems