* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* BlueDemonsNation Twitter

Author Topic: Who should be our next AD???  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
Who should be our next AD???
« on: February 10, 2018, 02:16:36 PM »
I dont have an answer per se but I know some were brought up in the shoutbox which are lost....

Who is your candidate for being the next AD and why? If Pon Shittt ohhh is actually relieved, this is the make or break for us.

Offline Demon82

• Stats Crew
Re: Who should be our next AD???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 02:53:48 PM »
Joey Meyer

Online John92

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »
Billy Garrett Sr.

Online lake county fan

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 05:15:06 PM »
Anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
  • First Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Otter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 08:33:03 AM »

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 11:40:20 AM »
Impressive resume plus hes Big East educated.

Online BrianC

• Student Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »
Agreed. Would DePaul be a good move for him...

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 02:04:56 PM »
I think to cut his AD chops Bri,it would. Plus hes in at least a P 6 hoops conference which could then lead to a P5 gig down the road. Given no football, this will be a stepping stone job for the most part but so long as the right bench people are being hired and Esty is at the controls, Im thinking hed get solid replacements

Online Hayes-Healy Superstar

• Inventor of the Fist Bump
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 Star Prospect
  • Delta Tau Name: Bluto
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 09:09:11 AM »
The day Jeannie IS fired will the highest traffic day in the history of this website.  We should all prepare ourselves for the onslaught of new posters, and stalkers that never chime in.  Lets educate the stupid so they can be as smart as ourselves... BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Smart men learn from their mistakes, wise men learn from the mistakes of others.

Online VUWildcat2103

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 10:12:37 AM »
The day Jeannie IS fired will the highest traffic day in the history of this website.  We should all prepare ourselves for the onslaught of new posters, and stalkers that never chime in.  Lets educate the stupid so they can be as smart as ourselves... BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I think you over-estimate on this. There would be an uptick on that date, however, there are not masses of people hiding in the the shadows waiting to come out. If this was the case, there would be more than 42 people donating to the FireJLP GoFundMe campaign. Significant apathy / disinterest in this program.

Offline DPU70

• Second Team - All Big East
  • Delta Tau Name: Redenbacher
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 02:00:42 AM »
I'm afraid, Fresh is right.  Just look at attendance and student participation.  That tells the tale of woe.

Offline Seyton

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »
This program is dead.  Nobody at DePaul cares whether it be the students or administration.  Joe Ponsetto told my father that they re-hired Dave Leitao based upon the fact they kept coming back to wanting someone to do things "like when Dave was here" and someone who would embrace the culture "like Dave did", etc. to the point they eventually said, "Why not just go get Dave?"

I'm not nearly as low on Leitao as you guys are - he's head and shoulders above Wainwright and Purnell and I think he's actually got some kids, multiple kids, who are true Big East players on the roster now.  I think the hole he's trying to dig out of is massive. 

That said, I understand frustration with that hire.  While I don't dislike Leitao, I don't like the thought process or lack thereof.  The first time around Leitao inherited and built upon good talent.  This time he inherited absolutely nothing and he doesn't have a track record of building programs.

DePaul does not care.  They are incapable of assessing and addressing issues facing the program and their decision making is not reflective of a university that is serious about competing.  I only watch and follow them anymore from a distance.  It's not just the insane amount of losing, but the utter lack of competitiveness over the course of almost 20 consecutive years. 

DePaul is dead.  They have been for some time.

Offline NotHotTakes

• 1 Star Prospect
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »
I wonder if DePaul would be able to pry John McDonough's lieutenant Jay Blunk away from the Blackhawks to be the AD/Marketing guru.

Give Tom Crean a Brinks truck to coach (though he'd say no), and we would be back within 2 years.

It'll never happen, but if the university wanted to spend tens of millions of dollars to buy back relevance, it could happen.

Offline mrap24

• 1 Star Prospect
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 10:22:47 AM »
This program is dead.  Nobody at DePaul cares whether it be the students or administration.  Joe Ponsetto told my father that they re-hired Dave Leitao based upon the fact they kept coming back to wanting someone to do things "like when Dave was here" and someone who would embrace the culture "like Dave did", etc. to the point they eventually said, "Why not just go get Dave?"

I'm not nearly as low on Leitao as you guys are - he's head and shoulders above Wainwright and Purnell and I think he's actually got some kids, multiple kids, who are true Big East players on the roster now.  I think the hole he's trying to dig out of is massive. 

That said, I understand frustration with that hire.  While I don't dislike Leitao, I don't like the thought process or lack thereof.  The first time around Leitao inherited and built upon good talent.  This time he inherited absolutely nothing and he doesn't have a track record of building programs.

DePaul does not care.  They are incapable of assessing and addressing issues facing the program and their decision making is not reflective of a university that is serious about competing.  I only watch and follow them anymore from a distance.  It's not just the insane amount of losing, but the utter lack of competitiveness over the course of almost 20 consecutive years. 

ah yes, the statement devoid of any actual facts.  There is absolutely no facts to support that he is better than OP.  And while OP wasnt good, Dave has been significantly worse.  and with all these players that belong in the BE, how come that doesn't translate into BE wins, in year 3.

if true, that comment from Joe is disgusting and exactly whats wring with depaul that most seem to ignore

Offline Big Kid

• 4 Star Prospect
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 11:03:49 AM »
You lost me at head and shoulders better...

Throw the 3 in a blender, they were all incompetent in their own right. No one could honestly say that either of the 3 were head and shoulders above the other.

And have you seen the job Laydown has done these past two years? In over his head.

Online lovethedrake

• 2 Star Prospect
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »
DL is 8-43 in the Big East and does not have a single win in conference or out of conference against a team that finished better than 44 in kenpom.

I have tried to defend DL but the results are so awful that it has become impossible.

Online VUWildcat2103

• Administrator

Offline Seyton

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 08:05:42 PM »
I wonder if DePaul would be able to pry John McDonough's lieutenant Jay Blunk away from the Blackhawks to be the AD/Marketing guru.

Give Tom Crean a Brinks truck to coach (though he'd say no), and we would be back within 2 years.

It'll never happen, but if the university wanted to spend tens of millions of dollars to buy back relevance, it could happen.

Being an IU alum I watched Tom Crean up close and in great detail and I think he's terrible.  When he has good teams they're super fun.  He doesn't have good teams very often.

Offline Seyton

• 3 Star Prospect

Offline Seyton

• 3 Star Prospect
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 08:13:07 PM »

ah yes, the statement devoid of any actual facts.  There is absolutely no facts to support that he is better than OP.  And while OP wasnt good, Dave has been significantly worse.  and with all these players that belong in the BE, how come that doesn't translate into BE wins, in year 3.

if true, that comment from Joe is disgusting and exactly whats wring with depaul that most seem to ignore

I should have said in my opinion DL is head and shoulders above JW and OP.  I think the roster right now is a lot better than anything either one of those two had.  Whether DL can do anything with it I don't know. 

And I said I didn't like the mindset that led to Leitao so I'm not exactly psyched that he's here - I just think he's better than having Wainwright or Purnell.  If other people think differently that's fine with me.  Like you said, the records are more less the same.

Those quotes aren't verbatim but they're very close.  It is for sure what Joe Ponsetto told my father.  100%.

* Blue Demons Nation Scholarship Chart

2018-19 2019-20 2020-21
1 Elijah Cain Jalen Coleman-Lands Devin Gage
2 Femi Olujobi Lyrik Shreiner Jaylen Butz
3 Max Strus Devin Gage Paul Reed
4 Jalen Coleman-Lands Jaylen Butz Flynn Cameron
5 Lyrik Shreiner Paul Reed John Diener
6 Jaylen Butz Flynn Cameron Darious Hall
7 Devin Gage John Diener George Maslennikov
8 Darious Hall (Transfer redshirt) Darious Hall Romeo Weems
9 Paul Reed George Maslennikov  
10 Flynn Cameron Romeo Weems